Thursday, March 1, 2012

update!


We are 18 weeks now. Hooray for no more nausea (except for the occasional day). I am finally able to eat as well. I still have food aversions that i have trouble even talking about. I can't stand peas, fried rice, broccoli, cooked carrots, lunch meat, and hot dogs! My cravings are pasta, fruit, tomatoes, shrimp, cereal, and salads. I still have not gained weight and I am actually still losing weight which makes sense, since I eat so much healthier than before I was pregnant.


I just started showing at the beginning of week 17. I LOVE it because seeing the belly just makes it so real that theres a baby growing inside me. I love feeling the little flutters. It is amazing! The down side to my belly growing is I now have horrible back pain and round ligament (hip) pain. I am hoping to get a massage soon to help with my back pain.




We had our first ultrasound at week 12 and it was so amazing seeing our little bundle of joy for
the first time. The baby kept doing flips and kicking. I didn't think i would cry but it was so amazing I couldn't hold in the tears.  We had a hard time getting a good ultrasound picture because the baby kept moving but luckily our doctor was patient and waited until they were able to get one.




We finally started buying things for the nursery! One of the funnest things during the pregnancy so far. We bought the crib and a rug. As soon as we find out the sex we are going on a shopping spree for baby clothing and more things for the nursery that night. Justin has been super involved in figuring out how we want to decorate the nursery and he had so much fun putting the crib together which is good because I am so bad at following directions. Haha.




My lows during the pregnancy have been pulling muscles in my chest which hurt so bad, but I am finally starting to feel better. I have had an annoying cough for a month which made me pull the muscles, but luckily its starting to heal. I have been struggling with anxiety since we moved to Ohio, and it seemed to go away when we moved to Dayton but it has come back again in the last few weeks so I'm trying to keep relaxed and keeping busy to keep it under control,but would really appreciate prayers because its something that is really tough especially while pregnant.


Overall I am super happy and excited! Justin and I have gotten so much closer and he has been so amazing through it all. I am one lucky lady! We find out the sex on March 13 so stay tuned on the blog because this is where we will announce the sex as well as the name!

No comments:

Post a Comment